Saturday, August 30, 2008

Badminton Strings Stressed Down..

It's a good thing I've booked the gym earlier in the week. Today, we had one of the most exciting badminton matches ever.

Who showed up?

  1. Me
  2. Tajul
  3. Azri of Ethos!
  4. Man the prince of smashes and his two other friends Zul and one other guy *totally forgot his name..*
  5. Mr. Jaferi and his colleague Mr. Ikbal
  6. Hafriz and Izlin

There were so many matches today that I completely lost track. Azri played non-stop, so did I and Man. There more than 1 doubles' matches running at the same time. There were barely anyone sitting at the benches watching. Even if there were, it wasn't for long.

There so many surprises that were unraveled today. Izlin turns out to be such an experienced badminton player. Not so much in matches but she's been hitting shuttles with her bros alot at home. She has really sharp reflexes that have become rather natural. Even though she doesn't play rough, she can deflect smashes given by tajul. Her strokes are rather powerful too. If only she's interested in playing the sport more siriusly. She truely has potential.

Hafriz has improve quite a lot since last semester. He can smash, he can hit the shuttle hard. Now all he needs to do is learn the steps and footwork.

Azri beat me in a 1 game singles match again today. And again, the difference isn't so discrete. I managed to get 19 points playing againts him.

Man is the prince of smash. He can smash from any part of the court. The most impressive thing was his jumping smashes. He can smash from anywhere because he's able to perform a perfect jumping smash. When he doesn't jump, he's smashes are much more explosive. Too bad he can't make tomorow. I'm really looking forward to a rematch. Yeah. Because I lost to him too.

Mr. Jaferi and Mr. Ikbal began playing a singles match againts eachother. The strokes were extremely powerful. I didn't get to play with any of them today, I was playing doubles with Hafriz againts Man and his friend. Mr. Jafery left quite early.

Tomorow will be the last day to play badminton before we start fasting. Since it's makruh to do heavy work while fasting, I won't be playing during Ramadhan. During Ramadhan, everyone will be focusing on their 'amal ibadah, so it's really not appropriate to play during Ramadhan. Ramadhan is the most beneficial month for Muslims. It'd really be a shame if we waste the month not occupying all our free time with as much zkir and 'amal as possible. All the best to everyone muslimin and muslimat out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Esok main all out ok everyone!!!

8.00 am sharppppppppppppppppp!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!!

:D

Unknown said...

Maam! Yes Maam!.. Esok kte wat mini league nak?..

Unknown said...

it sounds you are BADMINTON freak!!!
ha...ha...ha... just joke.

Unknown said...

It's ok.. I am actually.. HEHE..