Sunday, August 10, 2008

Smash Queen..

In case you're all wondering, the title of this post is NOT an oxymoron. I ran out of ideas for the title.

As you all know, Sundays are the days I jump around while holding a stick and wacking it at birds. However, today I had another gotong royong (GR). So again I was forced to cancel my plans...

No wait. I did play today.

There's no force in the world *accept for the almighty Allah* that would ruin my Sunday badminton match. But there was another problem, everyone was exhausted from the Mekar-Amal. I myself was also very occupied with it. Nevertheless, my obsession towards badminton has numbed my body from the fatigue that has developed from the previous days. So I played badminton first and GR afterwards.

Kak Aisyah *who now shall be know as the Smash Queen* was the only one who could make it. I have no idea what pushed her to be able to come today. No one else was willing or up to it *except for The three stooges of Ethosak!.. But there were again held keptive by the forces of evil*. Even Aimi failed to reply my messages this morning *and I still don't know what happened to her*. So it was just me againts Kak Aisyah.

No official matches took place. Basically we just had many-many rounds of rally. Today I've actually seen her capabilities in badminton. She's really good. She hits the shuttle hard. Her shots are really fast. I was left chasing my tale around. And man could she smash. I've watched girls play before. It justs drive me up the wall. The play with their hands down. Always of guard and always making bola tanggung. That's a bad thing by the way. Bola tanggung is when the shuttle shouts "Here I am! Smash!". I'm not saying that all girls do it, but I've never met one who doesn't, until today! TanTANTAAAN!! She hits the shuttle low. She rarely gives a bola tanggung accept for when when she serves. This is one girl I wouldn't underestimate.

The reason I stressed on bola tanggung is because when someone gives me a bola tanggung, I tend to smash instantly and end the rally there. But everytime I do that, my opponent would say "tak aci! awak mane boleh smash je! pemain2 pro pn takde yang smash aje!". That's actually because they rarely get bola tanggung. But each time they do, SMASH!! It's true. Watch the badminton matches. Observe.

Anyway, I'll be booking the court again next week, same days same time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

tajul told me last night that u're canceling today's match coz u have that gotong royong thing..

so after subuh my whole family went to kuala pilah.. got some family matter to take care of..

sorry for not replying ur msg coz i was out of crdt :(

Anonymous said...

Ethosak's 3 stooges?!

Hahahahahaa!
The three warriors will hunt you down next tym around, Nazri. Be prepared!

ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
!!!

Aisyah Sinclair said...

nazri!

"She rarely gives a bola tanggung accept for when when she serves" << kahkahkahkah! =D

teach me how to serve.

p.s: aimi mmg selalu runs out of cdt. =P

Unknown said...

Ethosak my friends.. Our unofficial greeting.. Ethosaak everyone!

Oh.. I told tajul I MIGHT cancel.. But you know me.. Pecah kepale pn i would play!.. HUHU

Will the three stooges be around next week?.. I'm all set!.. Argh!

Ok kak aisyah.. I can teach you.. I love coaching my sibs in badminton.. They're also improve..

Donut said...

*hendak membuktikan diri di atas court juga*

Aisyah Sinclair said...

yay!!!!thanksssss nazri!

I.am.me said...

ape itu bola tanggung?i dun get d idea of tanggungness..hehe.nak maeennn jugak!!!

p/s: wlaopon aku maen xde rule..tp aku hentam saja..

Unknown said...

Bola Tanggung

It's when the ball stays too long in the air but not high enough that it only reaches the center of the court. This gives the opponent the advantage of smashing.

Anonymous said...

Naz,

please please please confirm with me d night b4 k nxt time?

n kak aisyah, sila la tlg topup klu da tau.. ngeh3 :p