Bofore The Bowling Tournament
This was last Wednesday, 1 day before the perasmian of Mekar 2008. I just found out that we were supposed to have gotong royong (GR) that day. However I had already booked the badminton court a day earlier for that evening, the same evening as the gotong royong. Some of the guys from Ethos! and PMFP asked me to postpone my plans and help out, so I did.
Since I didn't have to go home to change clothes, I had all the time in the world for other things, like bowling!
Day 3 of training:
This time I went bowling with Keroro, Scruffy and Pingu. We were all ready to practice for Friday's tournament except for Keroro, she just came along just for fun. At first we only planned to play only 2 games. We ended up playing 3 games. Some of us actually lost focus on the purpose of bowling that day. Instead of bowling to improve, we were busy keeping score and paid less attention to our mistakes. We were easily frustrated. Only during the 3rd game did we put ourselves together and regained focus.
Heikal of Teror was also there when we arrived so we played on the lane next to his. I've gotten a few pointers from the expert and until today I am still using the same skills Heikal taught me.
In my oppinion, it's better to do things the right way even though we suck at it rather than just wingin' it and relying on chance. If we achieve better results, it's safe to say that we've improved because we're doing the right way. If we achieve better results by chance, than there's no certainty that you've improved at all.

(Grr.. I hate the longkang!) (Roll together, bowl together)

(See, Heikal of Teror looks nothing like me..) (Heikal showing his moves)
Heikal left earlier but we kept on playing. Or were training? I'm not so sure anymore. We were playing most of the time. But as I mentioned earlier, were regained our focus during the 3rd game. Pingu observed my mistakes, I observed his, scruffy observed his own tail. Keroro wasn't feeling so happy with herself in the begining, but she did better in the later games.
It's hard to say if any of us has improved even for myself. I did worse than I did when I trained with Firhan. But it was certain that none of us felt like we were going to win that Friday.
The Day of Judgement
Finally the day has come. The Mekar had already started and that day was the second day of Mekar. All of our team members were involved with Mekar. So we had to register before head for the tournament.
We registered for bowling around 9am that morning so we had loads of time to eat. DE seksyen 18 was already full, so we went to a more quiet restaurant to have breakfast. There we were later joined by Kak Aisyah *I have no idea where she came from*.

(McD was quiet) (Kak Aisyah appeared out of no where)

(Red devils getting hot) (Our friendly foes)

(The Link students who entered)
Fun was the best way to describe that day. There was also a mixture of anxiety and frustration because some of us did worse than we usually did.
We didn't win. But this was a really great experience. We'd enter the next tournament when it comes again.
We didn't win. But this was a really great experience. We'd enter the next tournament when it comes again.
2 comments:
i so do not appear out of nowhere!
=D
Yes you do.. Puff!.. Ttb Ade.. HEHE.. Magic ek?..
Post a Comment