Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wacking Geesses..

What a day. Today Azri Ethos and I tried out for the SAF(Sukan Antara Fakulti) badminton representatives selection. We never even intended to get selected let alone representing the faculty. I was just bored and really wanted to wack so geese feathers.

The so called selection was held at 5.30PM today. I was a bit nervous because I knew from past experiences trying out for SAF I'd be facing some elite players. That means I'll be enjoying getting my butt kicked by these guys. I didn't care as long as I get to play.

As it has always been, Awang AKA Awang was in charge of the selection. He came along with his gang of elite badminton players. These guys were fast, skillful with the racket, could swing really hard and most importantly, they were tall enough to ride the roller coaster. I on the other hand, lacked in inches and usually had to swim in the kids swimming pool.

Height has it's advantages in sports such as this. Quite a lot actually. For one, smashing is not much of a problem for them. While I have to jump-smash alot, these guys just needed to swing their rackets to smash. Piece of cake, easy as pie. Other than that, they can cover the court much easier than I can cover Tajul's footprint. All they need to do is stretch their legs and they'll be in Autralia talking to Safar while drinking coffee in no time. I need to use much more steps and jumps to get there and usually end up landing in China and missing the cup of coffee.

So each time I think of playing againts these guys, I have to remember these factors. Eventhough my skills may match theirs (not that it does), their height makes a big diffrence. However, I did play againts them today. Doubled up with one of them but I didn't get his name though, he was really tall. Almost stepped on me. It was loads of fun. These guys have plenty of experience in playing court. I only got to play two games today. The first one was with Azri Ethos, lost it(forgot how much), and the second one was with the tall guy whom I had forgotten to ask his name and almost stepped on me.

Overall, it was fun. It feels great to do things we're really into. To my Pingu friend, there will be many chances to prove to your marching friends that you're a great Futsal Player. To Lyana in her new shoes, save your cheering for this weekend if you're interested and to Ella enchanted, when's tomorows literature class?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

u went? that's good.. but, lost to Azri, AGAIN?
this weekend we'll polish up our skills ok? hehe :p

Unknown said...

No ler.. I teamed up with Azri and we lost.. Coz of me kot.. I'm really bad at this sport.. HEHE.. Yup.. I can't wait!..

Donut said...

LITTLE Big Man. Hmm.

Aisyah Sinclair said...

*membayangkan nazri main badminton dgn ketinggian dia yg comel tu*
awwww...cute sgt.
=P

Unknown said...

Ketinggian yang comel?.. Bkn kerendahan ek? HEHE.. Ahad ni Kak Aisyah join ek.. Klau rmai t sng nk wat doubles match..

taj said...

i am PROUD OF YOU!?
swimming with ur friends in the kids pool..
MOMMA so proud :D

WA said...

Proudie me-aow as well! Haha.

SIZE doesn't matter, ayte? M not that tall meself.

Good luck in your bad-career! (badminton, that is) @_@

Unknown said...

Wa.. In the context of sports, ktiggian mmg jadi 1 factor yg besar..

WA said...

But, ketinggian is not everythin kan...Napoleon Bonaparte himself was not that tall. Eh eh tetibe plak sejarah.

Then play a sport that disregards the height! Like, bowling, perhaps? See you in the 'duel' for mekar on the 0808! I'm entering as well with a different group. Haha

Unknown said...

Ne leh gune Napoleon sbg cntoh wa.. He didn't play badminton.. Ok.. See you then..