Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cars: Ford Fiesta Sedan Facelift 2013!




Assalamu'alaikum! Alhamdulillah for clean water everyday.

Ever since Ford released pictures of the facelift version of the Fiesta, I've been eagerly waiting for the pictures of the sedan version.

Picture from Car Scoop.
The internet had only shown spy-pics of the mule test car that Ford's been testing around Europe, but the official pictures were never released. Until Now!

 Just today, Paul Tan posted six pictures of the facelifted Fiesta sedan and I'm loving it. Read more about this on Paul Tan. So we know how the design for the front end will look from my earlier post, so no surprises from the picture above. However, it's the rear design that people like me are more concerned about.

Picture from Motortrader.
2010 Ford Mondeo by b_asuka2004 on Flickr.
Most of my friends didn't like the current Fiesta sedan's rear design. I looked 'funny' and 'tonggek'. But I agree with them. The current design is rather awkward. The design was inspired by the Mondeo, so it looked like a kiddy version of the Mondeo.

I'm relieved to say that the facelift sedan's rear design (below) has in fact grown up and make for quite a handsome looking sedan.


As you can see, most of the changes were inspired by the 2012 Ford Focus. Ford has made the tail-light wider and stretched the bumper further making this car look bigger than before.
Picture by me using Nikon D3100. 2012 Ford Focus.

Picture from FastMotoring.
The facelifted Fiesta Sedan is indeed longer than the current one.
I do believe that this new look is more appealing. Previously, the sedan looked less attract against the like of Honda City and VW Polo sedan. This should level the battle field a bit.

Cheerio!

No comments: