Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's Missing?...

Reflecting on today's CIE class, I ponder upon the question; "what is missing?", for parents, in making sure that children grow up with a strong foundation in Islam.

I totally agree with my lecturer's answer; establishing the child's the relationship with Allah SWT. Getting the child to know Allah. Letting the child feel the presence of Allah. And finally teaching the child to love Allah.

At first I suggested teaching the child the fathilat (rewards) of 'ammal, but that was before I realized that 'ammal would probably have a different effect on those who may not have a strong relationship with Allah.

For me, I love hearing about the rewards of 'ammal because it lets me know that if I practice it, it will please Allah SWT. The more frequent I read the hadiths, the easier it is for me to be istiqamah (consistant).

1 comment:

Syud Ridzuan said...

parents usually they will bait their kids to solat for example by saying, "kalau smyg nnt allah sayang..kalau allah sayang nnt dapat pahala baaaaanyak2". mase kecik2 dulu i always imagine that pahala is like candy. the more good deed u do, your candy will bertambah..hehe..mase kecik2 sangat innocent i guess :)

tp, in my own opinion and observation to my parents kan..back then when they were less bz, they have the time to check and build the foundation..u know, like mengaji together and all..tp as we get older, they have to lessen the time due to keje and all..and my mom admitted that she has to assume that my youngest bro&sis tu da learnt enuf..in fact they didnt..but tah la..parents skrg sebok keje..and then anak derang pn sebok sekolah..nk harapkan kakak2 drg yg da bole dikira lepas ni pn, busy with studies kan..

aku sgt kesiankan adik2 aku. serius mcm anak2 terbiar. T__T. nk salahkan parents aku, pn x bole jugak..nk salahkan adik2 aku tu..pn x bole jugak..sometimes my sis & i salahkan ourselves..sbb tak mampu nk check on them..huhuu..tah la..to me, semua orang plays a part in building the foundation..bkn parents je..


[sorry termengadu nasib kat sini plak T__T]


hmm, wondering whether i am able to be a good mother to my future children nanti. mendidik anak is a very difficult job. to mencorakkan the white kain, it is so susah kan...huhu..