Thursday, March 4, 2010

Potential?...

My brain stem feels like it has a thorn stuck in it since I had a conversation with Irwan Aka Wawa. We discoursed about potential. Does everyone have the potential to be great? Or are those who don't have potential doomed to be ordinary?

In the context of education or being a scholar, levels of abilities vary. Abilities here can be defined as skills in presentation and its subs, performance is tests or exams, the ability to think critically and being able to peal into the core of an issue, and many more.

This is very complicated. Then again, when has conversing with Wawa been simple? How do we know we have potential to be better? Is it the feeling that we could've done better in a presentation? Is it when somebody tells you that you have potential? What stops you from being able to fully grasp the potential? Is potential released through realization or hard work? How do we define hard work? Some people work harder than others but achieve less. What if you don't have potential? Would you be wasting time chasing an illusion?

I've had these questions in my head and it's bursting quite a lot of veins in my brain.

1 comment:

WA said...

Ehem, quote I nampak. Ha ha. I'll explain it in my blog, what I deem as 'potential'. Wasn't that the thing I asked you of earlier? Your definition of potential?