A few days ago, I got into an accident while I was on my way back to Jengka from Malacca. It happened in Tampin where I turned right from a T-junction. The traffic was very busy, but then again, when is Tampin ever not. At the T-junction, I slowly moved the front end of the car into the street so that I could get a chance to cross. The cars coming from the right was still far away, and on the left, there was a gap behind a Kelisa. So I estimated the Kelisa's speed and when I should slip in behind it. Then, as soon as the time was right, I put the paddle to the metal. All of the sudden, boom! (Malays would say BOOM TE BA BOOM!). My reflexes quickly put on the brakes, and it turned out that the Kelisa swooped into the junction at the very last minute. So I hit the Kelisa's rear door. Hit? Crashed into.
I'll upload the photos later.
The victim of my recklessness is an elderly Chinese who was apparently very nice. The police who took my statement was also very nice. But, I was still upset because, it was my dad's car. Sorry Abah.
The worst thing is, my dad actually lent me the car because he sent my car to be painted for Raya (Eidul Fitri). So, he fixed up my car and crashed his car.
So, if you're ever in Tampin, especially before and during Raya, be careful of the junctions. Some have signboards that say 'turn left only'. Make sure you see it.
So, if you're ever in Tampin, especially before and during Raya, be careful of the junctions. Some have signboards that say 'turn left only'. Make sure you see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment