I was walking around Pas with Niza today, we were both looking for Batik. He found one that he liked at Nagoya textiles. He bought one sized M, which was fine for him. But not for me. After many experience of Batik hunting, I've come to the conclusion that M is the smallest size of Batik for men. It doesn't matter which brand you buy, whether it Dapper or whatever. M is the smallest. Which makes me wonder, are Malays that big? I don't think we are. Batik was made compulsory all government servants for the sole purpose of promoting it. The fact is, not many people like wearing it. I guess the best way to promote it is to force people to wear it. Then the white people that come to Malaysia would want to wear it themselves so they would "blend in". I guess that's why M is the smallest size there is. Because M is the smallest size of a white person. If they made it any smaller, the white people would suffocate to death. I'm sure the people in the US are falling into deep depression because there aren't any Batik sold there. Some may have already committed suicide knowing that they can't stay is style. Where's this all going again?... Anyway, it's impossible for me to find the Batik which is the right size for myself, and I'm a Malay living in Malaysia! Which is rather ironic... The Americans are sarcastically killing themselves because they aren't up-to-date with the batik trend, imagine how I feel... Nothing really, couldn't care less..
But today a miracle happened though. After a few rounds of circling Pas, I finally found one sized S. Which stands for "small". I couldn't believe it. I was literally staring at the label S waiting for it to change into M, but it didn't. It really was S. The akak said it was the last one they had. Figures. It costs a whopping RM200! So let me get this straight, it's smaller so it uses less fabric and less threads, which needs less effort to put together, so it should cost more. Makes no sense at all, but this is is what happens when you fail basic math.
It's weird how when there is a sale, the S sized clothes seem to be swept off first. Shouldn't that mean there are more small size Malaysians? I wouldn't know, I don't do math.
2 comments:
lemme give you the answer..
because most malaysians, teenagers especially are wearing smaller size that looks fit so that they can show off and flaunt their bodies, muscles, bellies, cellulite and unwanted fats.
oh not forgotten, it makes boobies look bigger too, for girls.
and wearing smaller size of clothes makes you look slimmer. However, this idea has been taken rather ambiguously by other plump people that think it would do they the same as it does to smaller people.
hahaha
I don't even know what shit am I writing here.
:P
How did we get into talking about women's Batik again? HAHA
Batik are design to be worn like "kemeja". With collars and buttoned up. But we can't tuck in.. Batik is not meant to be fit or body hugging.. It's suppose to be loose.. But not big.. I drown in my Batik..
Post a Comment